Vincent J. Keegan
Vince has been practicing real estate law in Northern Virginia since 1989 and currently serves as the Manager of K&D. He routinely represents national, regional and local home builders and developers in all aspects of their acquisitions, subdivisions, and sales of real estate. He also represents a number of regional and local lenders in commercial loan transactions, foreclosures and restructurings. Finally, Mr. Keegan has extensive experience in commercial and residential real estate closings and title insurance matters, currently serving as General Counsel and Manager of Hometown Title & Escrow, LLC, and has previously been an owner and General Counsel of a large regional title company. Mr. Keegan is an affiliate member of the Northern Virginia Building Industry Association and the Northern Virginia Associates of Realtors, where he has served on the Standard Forms Committee and is a frequent lecturer on commercial real estate matters. He’s also a member of the American Bar Association (Member Real Property and Business Law Sections), the Fairfax Bar Association (Member, Real Estate Section) and the Virginia State Bar (Member, Real Property Section). He is a graduate of Tulane Law School and Providence College. Mr. Keegan lives in Northern Virginia with his wife, Sharon, and four sons.
- On behalf of the lender, drafted and negotiated the documentation and coordinated the closing of an approximately $46,000,000.00 portfolio of acquisition, development, construction and refinance loans to the developer and operator of retail properties and office space.
- Represented the developer of a 17-unit residential condominium project. In this matter, Vince assisted the developer in the drafting and closing of the acquisition contract, as well as in the drafting and obtaining governmental approval of the condominium instruments.
- Drafted the documentation and coordinated the closing on behalf of the lender relative to approximately $40,000,000.00 in acquisition, development and construction loans to the developer and operator of assisted living facilities.
- Represented a bank in the conveyance of multiple branch locations throughout Northern Virginia. In such capacity, Vince negotiated assignments of leases, subleases and contracts of sale with counsel for the assignees, subtenants and/or purchasers thereof, as applicable.
- Represented the developer of a project consisting of forty-four (44) residential townhomes and condominiums. In this matter, Vince assisted the developer in the drafting and closing of the acquisition contract, as well as in the drafting and obtaining governmental approval of the homeowner’s association documents and condominium instruments.
- Represented a bank in the negotiation of leases for new branch and office spaces at various locations in Northern Virginia.
- On behalf of the lender, drafted and negotiated the documentation and coordinated the closing of an approximately $20,000,000.00 acquisition, development and construction loan and letter of credit facility for a residential townhome project. In this matter, Vince also negotiated the terms of an intercreditor and subordination agreement with the mezzanine lender.
Anthony R. DeVolPartner
Tony is a native Washingtonian and has practiced real estate law in the Washington area since 1988, representing buyers, sellers and builders. He is very involved with the real estate community as a licensed real estate broker, a member of the Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors (GCAAR), and its Contracts and Forms Committee, which is responsible for drafting the contracts used by Realtors throughout MD and DC. Tony is also a Continuing Education instructor for Realtor licensing, as well as a member of the American Bar Association and the Maryland and Montgomery County Bar Associations. He is the former CEO of RGS Title and the founding member of its MD/DC Operations. Education: James Madison University (B.A. 1984); The Catholic University of America (J.D. 1988).
Eve M. Grobowski
Eve is a native of Maryland and has been practicing law since she was admitted to the Maryland bar in 2010. Eve specializes in commercial real estate transactions, leasing, and commercial lending. Education: University of Maryland Baltimore County (B.A. 2006); University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D. 2010). Before joining K&D, Eve served as the Associate General Counsel for a commercial real estate owner and developer. Eve is admitted to practice in both the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
- Drafted the documentation on behalf of the lender relative to a $4,000,000.00 acquisition, development and construction loan for a residential townhome project in the District of Columbia.
- Drafted the documentation and coordinated the closing on behalf of the lender relative to a $4,000,000.00 revolving land acquisition and revolving construction loan in Maryland.
- Drafted the documentation on behalf of lender relative to a $7,000,000.00 revolving line of credit secured by retail property located in Maryland. In addition, Eve also reviewed leases and negotiated subordination and non-disturbance agreements on behalf of lender in this matter.
- Represented the franchisee of an international restaurant chain in the negotiation of leases for new restaurant locations in Maryland and Virginia.
- Represented the developer and operator of local retail properties and office space in the negotiation and modification of its leases.